Friday 24 April 2015

1950s retro fabric design

1950s and 1960s Retro Fabric Design

For one of my projects I am designing fabric for a shop fitting room. The shop is called 'The Vintage Boutique' and sells vintage closing. I am inspired by 1950s and 1960s floral fabrics and I am also inspired by clothing and accessories of the time. Fabric of these decades often featured polka dots, so I may incorporate this in some of my work. These are some patterns which I created in Illustrator.

Experiments and Ideas















Final pattern

After experimenting with different colours, layouts and patterns, I combined the successful elements together to create this final pattern. I decided that I liked the regular pattern repeat, the illustrations of the accessories and the neutral and red colour scheme best.  I have sent my fabric tile off to 'Woven Monkey' to be printed.



No comments:

Post a Comment