Thursday 15 January 2015

 
Book Cover Designs
 
Having sketched out my designs I began working on my book covers.
I scanned my hand paint sketches in Adobe Photoshop, then added a background of either a flag or appropriate pattern. I experimented with various paint effects over the top.
I added the book titles in a bold font and experimented with different overlays to blend with the background.
 



 
 
I am not entirely happy with my designs. I feel that I haven't really been able to achieve what I wanted to.
The hand painted images look a bit dull against the bright backgrounds. The feedback I received from others also suggested that I should have more illustrations on each cover to create a better collage effect.
I also feel that each design contains too many colours. I think I should work with a more selective colour palate in order to create more striking designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment