Monday 19 January 2015

Other inspirational images




I found these images inspiring. I like the simple illustrations on the left design and the way the images have been laid out in a cut-out scrap book style. The middle design also has a kind of scrap book feel with the way the image appears to be cut out and the way the text looks to be pasted on. I will try to create a similar scrap-book, collage feel to my book covers. The design on the left is interesting in the way that they have positioned the car on the flag. 
I like the style of font used in the first two designs because they are informal, playful and light-hearted,
which would work well for Bill Bryson's humorous books.


I really like the colour schemes used in these posters because they tie in with the London theme. I would like to use a similar colour palate for my book about England. I will also try to come up with a colour scheme for each book, based around country. So for example, for the book 'Bill Bryson's African Diary' I could use earthy, brown tones to tie in with the African patterns and landscapes that you see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment