Thursday 5 February 2015

Hand Drawn Typography & Image Combined


In our lesson we looked at examples of how image can be combined with hand drawn typography.
I particularly liked the fashion magazine artwork above.


Magazine Cover

We were given the task of recreating a magazine cover of our choice using hand drawn typography.
I chose Vogue magazine, featuring Beyonce on the cover. I chose a vey striking black and white image of Beyonce. I printed it out and used transfer paper to create my typography over the top. Then I scanned the typography back onto my computer and opened it up in photoshop, placing it on top of my chosen photograph. I had to adjust the typography by selecting the inverse and choosing the 'screen' blending mode. 
I then brightened the layer up to make it stand out more. I feel that the outcome is really effective.

Original Vogue cover

My hand drawn typography

My finished Vogue cover with hand drawn typography 


No comments:

Post a Comment