Thursday 26 November 2015

Book cover inspired by Philippe Apeloig

Phillippe Apeloig

We have been looking at the work of French designer, Phillippe Apeloig.
His strength lies with typography and manipulating typography to create interesting pieces of graphic design. Here are some of his works. His work also features a strong use of grid systems and he is heavily influenced by modernism.


I was asked to create a book cover for 'The Girl in the spider's web' in the style of Phillippe Apeloig, which would also communicate the idea of data and the internet, which is what the book is about.
Here is my design. I like the technique of overlapping and warping typography in Photoshop, however I am not very keen on my colour scheme as I feel that it is a bit bland.



No comments:

Post a Comment