Wednesday 20 January 2016

Brand development

Vegetable Drink Research and Development




When considering the direction to go with my brand design I was inspired by this Matey bubble bath packaging. I thought that I could create characters for my packaging that would appeal to children.



These superhero bottle designs also inspired me. I decided that I would design my packaging with a superhero theme.

Ideas and inspiration

I began to research other superhero themed work to get inspiration for my own work.
Here are some that I liked.










I like the use of bold primary colours and typical comic book shapes.
I may also incorporate some dotted patterns in my work too.


Typography Experiments

I decided on the name Kerpow for my brand. I chose the name because the word is a phase used in cartoons, meaning 'a powerful sound of impact or transformation; pow, wham.'
It seemed appropriate for a superhero theme.

These are some of the different font options I considered for my logo.

I also experimented with logo variations, fonts, colours, backgrounds, etc.



I was happy with my final purple logo and thought that the logo could also work without the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment