Thursday 5 March 2015

Fruit Inspiration

 
Malibu Bottle Idea
 
One idea I had for my Malibu bottle was to create repetitive fruit patterns for each flavour variety and
use it as a background on my bottle.




Pattern Design for Malibu Bottle

 

This evening I decided to experiment with creating patterns for my Malibu bottle. 
Malibu rum comes in 5 different fruity flavours. I decided to research patterns created around the theme of fruit. These were some that I found. I quite liked the patterns with minimalist colours, e.g.  the monochrome ones at the bottom. I may want to use a pattern for the background on my drinks bottle.
















Starting with the passion fruit drink flavour I began by sketching a cross section of a passion fruit and scanning it into the computer. I also created a simple digital image of a passion fruit in Illustrator.

Hand drawn passion fruit (Left), Digital Passion fruit (Middle), Hand drawn and digitally coloured (right).


I then experimented with the pattern repeat in Illustrator and also different background colours.
These were the results.







No comments:

Post a Comment