Tuesday 17 March 2015

Watercolour Patterns

Watercolour Patterns for Malibu Label

Following on from the watercolour fruit paintings that I created the other day, I decided to use them to create patterns using the 'define pattern' option in Photoshop.  I had to brighten up the colours in Photoshop to make them more vibrant. These were the results.

Firstly I tried the paintings on a diagonal layout on a white background. 
Then I tried a horizontal layout with a filled background.

I preferred the pattern with a background, but I felt the background was looking a bit flat,
so I tried the pattern with my own watercolour painted background. The result was better.
I am not sure whether I like the joining lines where the watercolour pattern meets at the edge.

I was quite happy with the outcome so I had a play around with how the pattern could be used on my
Malibu label.

For this project I want to create a range of labels to suit all the flavours in the range.
This is how the design could work for the traditional coconut flavour.








No comments:

Post a Comment