Tuesday 20 October 2015

Minimalism

Minimalism 

We looked at minimalism in our lesson today. Minimalism is a style of design where images are simplified as much as possible and used to communicate the key message.
I particularly liked these examples if Modern Minimalist Fairy Tale posters I found by Christian Jackson of Square Inch Design.  The designer focuses on the most memorable aspects of the fairy tales and makes these into very simplistic images. I also really like the textured backgrounds which give the designs an added depth and dimension.



My Minimalist Poster Designs
 I decided to focus on the classic story of Cinderella and created these minimalist poster designs.




I like my final design best which depicts one of the ugly step sisters trying to fit into Cinderella's shoe. The colour scheme and the typography work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment